Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Importance Of Your Like Minded


Growing up, I would always hear the term “Like Minded”. I never really put any focus on it. Maybe that’s because I never really knew what it meant.

I would consider myself to be a black sheep. With friends, family, and coworkers. I have always been different. I like to put it now a day “I live my life backwards”. Being this black sheep, I tend to run with a smaller heard. As I am getting older, I find it harder to connect with some people. I spent the last 5 years of my life dreaming about living outside of Chicago. I had talked about it and dreamed about it with several friends and family. In 2008 I lived in Vermont for a while. I met a really great friend while living out there. She has the same feelings about living in Colorado. She went to school there and that is where she feels connected. We had a phone conversation in February 2012. I explained to her how I was looking to move. She gave me this piece of advice that I will never forget , “Brianne, when you are connected to your environment, you are connected to the people”. Bing! That was it. Sam is right. I was not feeling connected to my surroundings and I was not feeling connected to the people. I had a similar conversation with another wise friend about relationships. This is what she had to say on August 22nd 2012; “When you follow your path, you will find your soulmate.” Taylor hit the nail on the head with that one! As I am still looking for that partner, I believe that living my life fully, we will meet on this path.

With these gems in my backpack, I left the country and moved to an island off of Panama. And that is where it all began. This snowball effect was being created in my life. The more the snowball rolled, the more people I met that shared the same thoughts and interests as I do. Fuel for my fire! I decided to go back to school to pursue my 500 hour yoga certification (with the help of some like minded friends Olimpia and Brad).

By far, this has been the biggest snowball yet. In fact, a whole snowman! For 3 weeks I found myself in the jungles of Costa Rica with some of the most amazing like minded people! Not only are we all like minded, but so genuine, caring, supportive, and loving. It was like breathing in a new kind of air. A kind of Like Minded air.

 

I now know the importance of being surrounded by Like Minded people. I believe that it is very important to our development. In general, relationships are needed by human beings. It helps us to survive. I have seen how people begin to flourish when they are surrounded by their Like Minded. They give us the extra support we need to achieve our goals and the love and care for what we all do.

Are you surrounded by Like Minded People? If not, I would highly recommend you to spread your wings out just a little further. Reach out to those who share your same interest and connect with them on a regular basis. You will begin to breath a new air and smile a new smile. And the simple fact that you just read this article, you just took your step into a journey of the Like Minded.

 

Namaste.
 
Nosara Yoga Institute Costa Rica

 
The Making of cOMe To Express Your Love
By Korace and The Girls
 

No comments:

Post a Comment