Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pay Attention To Your Thoughts

You know the old saying "You are what you think" or "You are what you eat" Did you ever stop to think that those statements are true? Think about it...If you think negative thoughts, you are negative. If you eat bad food, you are in a bad mood. It's time to "Be kind to your mind" (I know, it's a rip of of be kind rewind, but now you won't forget it! unless you did not rewind your tapes..)
 
After my morning practice, I read my 365 Daily Meditations. I came across Ahimsa Nonviolence. "One of the yamas and a guiding core principle of yoga, ahimsa is as vital to our practice as the standing poses or downward-facing dog. This attitude of non-violence that we strive to cultivate in all of life brings us face-to-face with desire, anger and memory. Practice non-violence in all aspects of life: in thought, speech, and action. From the food you eat to the thoughts you consume cultivate ahimsa"-JR
 


No comments:

Post a Comment