Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Journey Of Letting Go..

This morning I thought about what I wanted to write about after my 6 month Hiatus. Since I last wrote, I had opened a yoga studio. Lots of work and focus has gone into building and developing.

So maybe write about that?

Meh, naa

I went a year without alcohol. Just because I felt like it. A great experience, but maybe for another article.

Hmm..what to write..

I met with a friend from church last night and I was sharing about how I'm using a new process for letting go.

Ha Zah! Letting Go! The world could always use another article on one of the toughest things you can do.

It's been a process. I have been working with a couple of different people in different areas. Yoga teachers, friends from church, massage therapists and those who can interrupt dreams.  That is really where my process is beginning, is in my dreams.

I talked with a yoga teacher who also does dream interpretation. She analyzed the dream and told me how each person in the dream represented something that was missing in my life. I went on to tell her that there are things missing in my life and I'm having a hard time coping with my "new" life in the states. And whenever I have a vulnerable moment, or things get stressful, I revert back to my life from a couple of years ago. Where it felt like all the puzzle pieces were in place. She then told me to look at that time and see what it provided me and how I can provide it for myself.

Yikes! Time to get out the journal.

What it provided for me:
Love
Affection
Humor
Someone Caring For Me
Support
Fun

Crap! How am I going to provide these for myself, truly by myself, with no outside resources.

Care: I can take better care of myself with nutrition choices and how I budget my money properly. Treat my body with respect

Fun: I am allowed to go out and have fun! Yes, I have been so work focused, but it's time to get out and have fun! I can make plans to go rock climbing or any other fun things. It may only be once a month, but as long as Im doing it!

Affection: I can give myself affection in my yoga practice. Massage my muscles and in svasana I can rub my temples, eyebrow, and hair line.

Humor: I am funny! I can start to let my humor out and not worry about people thinking I'm off the wall. Let's be honest, Im sharing what is 100% in my journal right now. Why the hell should I care anymore if people think Im weird or don't get my humor!? Im a UNICORN DAMN-IT!

Support: I can support myself by being confident in my decisions.

Love: If I can start to integrate everything listed, I can start to feel more self-love.

I came up with the following Mantra August 2013, and I think it fits perfectly for this process:

"Being Patient And Aware Of The Process."

It's been about 2 weeks since I made this journal entry. I'm telling ya, im feeling pretty good and confident. I can actually say, I feel the process of letting go, starting to begin. 





No comments:

Post a Comment